Nasdaq to Deliver Blockchain e-Voting Solution to Strate
"We are very excited about our initiative with Nasdaq and what it means for the South African financial markets," said
"A major indicator of progress in the capital markets is when technology not only bolsters performance, but also improves efficiency and transparency," said
Benefits to Shareholders, Issuers and Proxies:
- Remote participation and proxy assignment;
- Submitting votes before and/or voting during the general meeting;
- Secure (multifactor) identification of shareholders and their representatives;
- Information about meetings, agenda items and management proposals is easily reachable;
- Full track record of assigned proxies (i.e. chain of proxies) and casted votes;
- Online / real-time access to voting results;
- Data is saved in an immutable ledger;
- Transparency and auditability of voting results for listed companies; and
- The end-to-end management of general meetings from announcement to results.
Benefits to CSDs, Exchanges and Market Infrastructures:
- Reduced complexity through end-to-end general meeting administration in a single solution - from notification and material distribution to voting management and reporting at the general meeting;
- Enhanced insight through real-time data access to securities holders, holdings and votes and ability to view full voting history on a single account;
- Safety, security and speed benefits of leveraging blockchain technology with a fully auditable view of actions recorded in the immutable ledger; and
- A standard Application Programme Interface.
Strate provides electronic settlement of equities, bonds and money market securities and provides collateral management services. It offers an asset servicing product range to augment the services it offers to issuers in terms of the Companies Act No. 71 of 2008 and the Financial Markets Act No. 19 of 2012.
It also identifying new opportunities by exploring disruptive technologies.
Nasdaq (Nasdaq:NDAQ) is a leading global provider of trading, clearing, exchange technology, listing, information and public company services. Through its diverse portfolio of solutions, Nasdaq enables customers to plan, optimize and execute their business vision with confidence, using proven technologies that provide transparency and insight for navigating today's global capital markets. As the creator of the world's first electronic stock market, its technology powers more than 90 marketplaces in 50 countries, and 1 in 10 of the world's securities transactions. Nasdaq is home to approximately 3,900 total listings with a market value of approximately
market infrastructure technologies, including trading, real-time risk, index, clearing, CSD and market surveillance systems are operated in more than 100 marketplaces, regulators, clearinghouses and central securities depositories across the
For Media Inquiries
Direct: +44 (0) 20 3753 2231
Mobile: +44 (0) 7809 596 390
+27 (0)11 759 5466
+27 (0)11 759 5405
Managing Executive: Fractal Solutions
+27(0) 11 759 5317
The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: Nasdaq via Globenewswire
News Provided by Acquire Media